I have an FO to share - my first stranded knitting project! This baby hat is for my new niece for part of her Christmas present. She'll be almost 1 year old then and I hope this hat will fit her. I also plan on knitting a sweater to complement the hat.
This is actually the second one I did. The first hat had several problems, so I frogged it. This one is better, but I do have a question for the experts out there. What is the best way to avoid the jog at the color change? I tried The Yarn Harlot's method and it looks okay. But, when I stretch the knitting out, there is a column of knit stitches that separates from the rest. It does get better as I weave in the ends, but I'm not thrilled with this. Is there a solution?
Pattern: Peek-A-Boo! Fair Isle Beanie from Simply Knitting magazine (April 2007 issue)
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease (Thanks again, RK!)
Needles: size 7 circs
There has also been some work on charity hats. There are photos in one of my sidebar photo albums. They're not the prettiest hats since I'm using up old yarn. (Why in the world did I ever buy some of this stuff?!) Hopefully they're not too ugly for someone to wear.
There has also been a little lace knitting on the top, but not enough to show another picture. I'm finding that I have to have time to sit down quietly and uninterrupted to be able to work on it. This explains why I have several hats yet very little lace top to show.
And finally, in personal news, I believe I have my annual case of poison ivy already. This one surprised me, but now I do recall doing some weeding last weekend (without gloves!). I must have gotten into some roots that I didn't realize belonged to a poison ivy plant. No doctor's visit yet, but I can see it on the horizon.
Everyone else is in bed, so I think I'll go squeeze in a little more knitting on that top...