It was spring break last week in the Metro Atlanta area. We didn't take a trip, but I did set a few goals for the week...
1. Eat lunch with S... We rarely have lunch with S because he works so far away. So we drove up to see him and ate pizza (the biggest slice I'd ever seen). Accomplished!
2. Eat lunch with J... Remember my knitting neighbor? We went to a local Japanese restaurant that J recommended. I was really looking forward to trying their California roll. E and I have been making our own and I wanted to compare to see what sushi is really supposed to taste like. Eating there was so much fun and I'm looking forward to going back again. I had chicken teriyaki and a California roll but next time I'm taking J's recommendation and getting the chicken teriyaki and tempura. The miso soup was so delicious, too! Accomplished!
3. Shop for a prom dress for E... We went with our friends and that made it fun. E found a dress that looks very nice on her. Accomplished!
4. Read... I borrowed two books from our church library. One was The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom and the other was Six Hours One Friday by Max Lucado. I read and enjoyed the Albom book but didn't even crack open the other one. Half accomplished.
5. Finish knitting Cozy... I've enjoyed this pattern and I was about 75% done with it. I used Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk from my frogged Ribby Shell from long ago. It feels great to finish a project, especially since I used stash yarn. Accomplished!
6. Sew a top... I need some new tops and I refuse to go out and buy them. It's hard to find something to fit my body shape. Lynne has been so inspiring with her sewing lately, so I found Butterick 5328 on sale (for 99 cents!) and I was going to give it a go. I ended up taking a detour, though, and started with a skirt first. I want to learn to fit a garment to my body and decided it would be easier with a skirt first. The skirt is almost done, but I need to take it apart at the waist because it's too big. I did see a cute shirt at WalMart while I was shopping for egg hunt supplies. I don't mind buying a top that doesn't fit perfectly if it only costs me $12. :) More on the sewing later... Attempted.
So I'm a bit sad that our break is over, but I enjoyed getting some of these things done. In the middle of all this, the appraiser for our refinancing came to inspect the house. There were several days of picking up and cleaning! I'm glad that's over. :)