Hey there! I keep meaning to blog but just haven't been able to get a post composed. But I'm up early this morning so I decided to sit down and write. Especially since today is Ten on Tuesday - I don't have to think of a topic!
1. Pray - Praying helps when I am upset, sad, or worried. It helps me to remember that I'm not alone and that I can turn things over to God.
2. Talk to a friend - Talking with a friend is great, too. Especially when the friend has been through what I'm going through.
3. Knitting - I guess any hobby can take one's mind off things, but knitting is the best for me.
4. Movie - Watching a movie can transport me to another place and time.
5. Crying - Sometimes a good cry can help. Combining #4 and #5 can be really effective. When we first moved to Georgia, I was really down. During a visit from my mom, we went to see Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson one). At the part in the end when Elinor is crying, I started crying and couldn't stop. But I felt so much better afterward. I think I just needed to get it out.
6. Eating - Okay, I know it's not a good habit to eat to make oneself feel better, but how can you not feel better after eating a bowl of ice cream? :)
7. Get some things done - Many times when I'm not in a good mood, it's because I feel stress over things not being done. Even completing one or two tasks can help me to feel better.
8. Walk - Going for a walk helps me feel better, especially now that I'm listening to knitting podcasts while I'm out. (I'm currently working my way through the first 40 episodes of Never Not Knitting.)
9. Music - Whether it's singing a song, playing an instrument, or listening to some beautiful classical music, music can help, too.
10. Reading - I guess I'll say reading but sometimes I'm too distracted to read. But if I can get into a book I can leave all my worries behind.
What lightens your mood? To share with other folks, see Carole's blog.