1. Muffins - When I go to a party, I like to take homemade muffins (and maybe some pretty napkins) to the hostess. I figure that the day after a party, it might be nice to have breakfast ready to eat.
2. Wine - tried and true...
3. Kitchen handsoap and a handknitted dishcloth - Lots of nice scents from Bath and Body Works
4. Candle - from Bath and Body Works or from Pier 1
5. Ornament - I like giving ornaments at Christmas, especially the Li Bien ornaments from Pier 1.
6. Flowers - another tried and true hostess gift. Unless someone is allergic to flowers, I think most people enjoy receiving them.
7. Plants - if it's spring or summer, I'd give someone a potted herb or flowering plant.
8. Notecards - I love notecards. They're so pretty and handy to have around.
9. Tea - I'm not sure that I've done this, but I think giving someone tea or coffee would be nice.
10. ??? - Totally drawing a blank here. This is why I need to read today's list from other people!
What hostess gifts do you recommend? Check out the ideas on Carole's blog.