I have some good childhood memories about meals shared with my family on Sundays. Things have changed now though and we usually eat out after church.
1. "Birthday dinner" - Whenever we met at my grandma's to celebrate my dad's and uncle's birthdays, we would have the same meal and it was dee-lish-ous! We always had Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, baked apples and German Chocolate cake for dessert.
2. Roast beef - I remember my mom making a roast many Sundays. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, vegetables... yum!
3. Pizza - I'm Italian on my mom's side and when we got together my grandpa would make the best pizza.
4. Chicken - I also think that roasted chicken with mashed potatoes (are you seeing a theme here?) and corn is really yummy.
5. Shish kabob - We often grill out on Sunday evenings and when we do, Emma likes to have shish kabob. To make it easier to cook, we combine like things on the same skewers then get what we want after it's cooked.
6. Rhea's special - This is our current tradition. There is a great hamburger place near us and I usually get the Rhea's special and we share fries. The special is a hamburger on Texas Toast. I get it with everything on it. So good but not so good for me.
I'll stop here. It's not quite ten items. Maybe I need to bring back Sunday dinner and I'll use ideas I get from Carole and her Ten on Tuesday friends!
Don't forget about the cookbook giveaway!
Details on my cookbook review post.