2. Jury duty - I have jury duty this week. I am very grateful that our country has a system where we have access to jury trials. Jury duty isn't an exciting prospect for most people, but knowing that it helps the system to work makes any inconvenience more bearable. And yesterday was like a mini vacation - I knitted, talked most of the day, had lunch with two lovely ladies I met, and I didn't have to worry about all the other things I would have been doing at home. I have today off so it's back to "work."
3. Work - Speaking of work, that's on my mind a lot, too. The best guess I have for a second career right now is web design. I have a lot more to learn before I decide, but that's where I'm leaning. Although I think graphic design is more important. Anyone can learn to make a website, but it won't look good without great graphics. If I would do web design for churches, non-profits and small businesses, they wouldn't have the funds to pay for a graphic artist. Being able to do both would be great.
4. The election - This is probably on everybody's mind. I'm joining my mom in praying that God will put the candidate he wants into office. That's pretty interesting since my mom and I usually have opposite votes. :) This morning I noticed this on my CNN app: Fun Election Facts. Isn't that an oxymoron?
5. My family - My mom is having surgery soon and my dad isn't doing that great. It seems like he's given up. One of my brothers has an abscess in his sinuses and another has kidney stones. But my third brother is doing great! He and his wife are on a weight loss program through their local hospital and they're losing a ton of weight. I'm so proud of them both!
6. Photography - I need to take the time to learn to take better photos. Way, way back I took a class and learned a lot, but I've forgotten most of it now.
7. Christmas - Last weekend Emma and I heard Christmas music in Old Navy and many places already have decorations up. I can understand having Christmas stuff on the shelves, especially for craft stores. But do we need decorations and music already?! It's like retailers and the decoration people forget about Thanksgiving. I love fall and wouldn't mind at least a few more weeks of it. I saw this funny cartoon on Facebook the other day. (I wish I could have found the original source.)
8. Thanksgiving - Ah, Thanksgiving - my favorite holiday! I've been inviting people, but now it's time to figure out the details.
9. Weight loss - I need to be losing weight, but I'm just not motivated. :( I have plenty of things that should get me motivated - keeping diabetes away, helping my knee and my back, fitting into my clothes instead of buying the next size up. If I want to be a healthy, active senior citizen later, I need to do something about this now.
10. My back - My back usually feels pretty good these days, but every day I can tell that I'm injured. That leaves me with big questions about needing surgery someday, pain management, what will I be able to do or not do in my life? It feels like a constant cloud hanging over me. I know I am so blessed to not be hurt worse and to be able to manage the pain with Motrin. It's just something that's there that I wish wasn't, you know?
Share your good, bad, funny or serious thoughts with your fellow bloggers over at Carole's.